The Worship Team supports Southminster church by bringing together elements for a meaningful and purposeful worship experience.
Team responsibilities include:
- Planning of special worship services
- Maintaining worship supplies (candles, lambs, and attendance pads, etc.)
- Overseeing communion server scheduling & preparation of communion elements for worship service (monthly and special services)
- Managing Home Communion process (monthly and special services)
- Scheduling ushers who prepare the congregation for worship (i.e. distribution of bulletins, collection of offerings, etc.)
- Planning of liturgists who serve as lay leaders during worship
- Assisting with music, both choral and bell choirs to enhance our worship experience
- Working with our Stream Team giving feedback about the LiveStream, sound, and visual systems seen during worship.
- Supporting funerals, weddings, or special functions as needed (sound, light, projection, etc.)
- Arranging artists in church gallery (adjacent to narthex/sanctuary)
New team members are always welcome!! If you would like to join us please contact the church office for contact information.
Chair: Lois Thorp
Staff Representatives: Nancy Birdsong and Ruth Whatley
Reports to: Session