What is the Invitation Team? The Invitation Team is a small group of members who lead the congregation in their mission of inviting people into relationship with Christ, warmly welcoming them to Southminster, introducing them to all Southminster has to offer and bringing them into membership (if they desire).
Inviting, welcoming and membership provide the direction for the Team. The Team has ministries focused within each of these areas.
Inviting: The Team believes it is the work of all to invite Guests to worship. The Team is focused on efforts to have a presence at SPC and community events, provide accurate and timely literature for Guests and improve the website experience.
Welcoming: The Team works to provide several ministries to make Southminster Guests feel welcome. These ministries are always looking for volunteers and they include:
- Greeter ministry (volunteer members stationed at the entrances before worship services)
- Welcome Desk ministry (a sign-in location for first-time Guests)
- Welcome Kit ministry (first-time Guest gift bag and informational folder)
- Building Tour ministry (an in-depth building tour is provided monthly detailing the history of the church)
- Guest follow-up ministry (letters, phone calls and emails sent to Guests)
Membership: The Team works closely with the Pastor/Head of Staff to schedule and provide Inquirer’s classes for those interested in becoming members. The class is designed as an opportunity to learn more about the church as well as its members. Additionally, the Team organizes an opportunity for each of the Southminster Teams to showcase their ministries and have a volunteer on hand to answer any questions through the Time and Talent display featured in the Narthex every Sunday.
The Invitation Team meets the third Sunday of every month, following worship. If you are interested in participating in any of the ministries listed, please contact Invitation Team chair Mark Ferguson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Mark Ferguson
Reports to: Session