We are so excited to be back in worship together! In order to ensure that worship is a safe space for everyone who wants to return, we ask that you covenant with us to abide by the following safety guidelines:
Southminster Worshiping Covenant
In order to ensure that worship is a safe space for everyone who wants to return, we ask that you covenant with us to abide by the following safety guidelines:
- Face masks will be worn over your mouth and nose by all people over the age of 5 at all times, even if you are fully vaccinated. If you forget, we will kindly remind you to put your mask back on. (Masks are preferred for 3 and 4 year-olds.)
- Please maintain a six-foot distance between you and other members at all times. Take precautions not to gather closely at places like the coat racks, elevator, and narrow hallways.
- When you enter, please take a bulletin and find a spot in the pews at least six feet from another household. We ask that all fellowship and mingling be done outside, not in the sanctuary, narthex or coffee corner.
- We will not be shaking hands or hugging during the passing of the peace. We encourage you to look around and wave instead. You may also put your hands on your heart as you share the Peace of Christ from your seat.
- We will not be passing an offering plate around. You are invited to drop your offering either in the container in the Narthex or in a container that will be located on the other side of the front left pew.
- On Communion Sundays, you will receive the communion elements in individual containers which you can pick up on your way into worship. You may remove your mask to eat and drink in your seat. Immediately afterward, please put on your mask again.
- After the postlude, an usher will dismiss you by rows. Please take your bulletin and all other trash with you. There will be trash and recycling cans in the Narthex. Please take your belongings and go outside (not in the sanctuary, narthex, or coffee corner) to enjoy fellowship with other members.
- Nursery and children’s programming will be available as needed.
- The livestream recording begins at 9:55 am with the prelude. At that time, any sounds above a whisper may be heard on the livestream on YouTube. Anyone in the first few rows of pews may be visible on camera.
- If you have any questions about the covenant, please contact the church office.
We want worship to be a safe space for all who are ready to return.
If you have any questions about the covenant, please contact the church office. We want worship to be a safe space for all who are ready to return.