FISH Southeast Food Pantry, is Southminster’s oldest local mission project. Begun in 1979, we partner with the Dayton FoodBank to provide emergency food assistance to those in need. In 2016 we served over 20,000 meals! For more information, or to become involved in this ministry contact Jane K. at email@example.com.
Become involved as:
- Callers – retrieve calls from our voice mail, contact clients to confirm eligibility, contact deliver with client’s information. Calls are returned Mondays & Wednesdays, 8:30-12:30. This can all be done from home.
- Deliverers – fill out the required form, contact the client to schedule delivery time, pick up food at the Food Pantry at Southminster, & deliver the food.
- Bread Stocker – bread is delivered on Mondays & Tuesdays. It needs sorted, bagged & frozen.
- Shopper – pick up cheese, eggs, apples, butter, potatoes, etc., from Kroger, as needed. Often weekly.
- Computer Data Entry – fill in the spreadsheet with delivery information & send to the callers. Fill in the information needed for the Dayton FoodBank using their computer program.
- Coordinator – be the main point of contact for the food pantry. Develop the caller & deliverer schedule monthly. Match invoices with receipts & fill out “green sheet” for payment. Write thank-you notes to donors.
- Food Donor – donate food
- Monetary Donor – donate money. Checks can be made to Southminster, with FISH Southeast Food Pantry specified in the memo line to assure it is credited appropriately.
Appreciated Food Donations:
- Beans, Canned (pork & beans, black beans, etc.)
- Canned Pasta (Spaghetti O’s, etc.)
- Fruit, Canned
- Juice Boxes/Bottles
- Hamburger Helper
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Meat, Canned (beef stew, chicken, tuna)
- Peanut Butter
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Seasoning Packets (chili, gravy, taco, etc.)
- Soup, Canned or boxed
- Vegetables, Canned